We had a crafting good time at The Finders Keepers in Sydney earlier this month. Here’s a few of our photos plus some gorgeous Instagram shares to show you the wonderful creativity of our clever workshoppers.
Fabric Wall Hanging Workshop
Photo credit @neehopkins
Photo credit @megarama
Selfie Softie Workshop
Photo credit @sew_in_the_moment
Surprise Garland Workshop
Photo credit @paperandpin
A big, gigantic thank you to our lovely workshop co-hosts for the weekend, Fiona Michelon of Craft Hunter and Rin Dawson of Papered Thoughts, and a massive thank you to The Chaos Club for joining us with our pop-up shop adventures!
In other exciting news, we have added our Blank Softies to our online store so you can now make your own Selfie Softies at home! Hooray! Have fun crafters…
Looking for some Mothers’ Day craft ideas? Why not whip up some pretty rosettes for your lovely Mum this Mothers’ Day. Make it into a brooch or add it to your gifts and your Mum will think you are wonderfully clever! Magdalena Franco of The Craft Revival shows us three nifty versions of rosette cuteness with her tutorial here.
ANZAC Day is coming up soon and whilst it isn’t traditionally a gift-giving occasion, it is actually a perfect time to give a heartfelt gift to loved ones to appreciate and remember the sacrifices made. You might remember that last year we created a beautiful ANZAC cookie kit for you to make for family and friends. This has been one of our most popular projects and we hope you will join us to make it again this year and share in the spirit of ANZAC Day.
Click here for the step-by-step instructions and free printable labels.
With Easter weekend only 2 sleeps away it’s time to finish off your last minute crafty preparations in time for the Easter Bunny’s arrival! If you are still looking for that quick, easy, maximum cuteness addition to your Easter gifts then give these gorgeous Cotton Tail Bunnies a go.
Created by Sam Dunne of Dunne with Style, they are the perfect bunny feature complete with little fluffy tail! You can click here for the full project and bunny template.
We have just added these gorgeous new stickers to our website! With six different designs per set, they are the perfect way to dress up your gifting and wrapping.
Message Stickers : Black
Pattern Stickers : Gold
Message Stickers : Gold
We have a feeling these are going to be pretty popular so get in quick with your orders!
This morning we woke up to the loveliest of surprises! An adorable Easter Gift Tags tutorial using our fabric buttons, bias tape, stickers and fabric tape, dreamt up by the amazing Sam Dunne of Dunne with Style! We were most excited indeed! Here’s a little preview…
Pretty darn cute, wouldn’t you agree? Click here for the full tutorial on the Dunne with Style blog.
A big thank you to Sam for including our products in her tutorial, we are ever so grateful! xx
It doesn’t have to be all about the chocolate eggs this Easter. There are plenty of other yummy sweets that you can dress up with an Easter twist! Here are two quick ideas…
1. Decorate some bunny rabbit cut-outs with fabric tape, attach to toothpicks and pop them on top of home-made cupcakes or muffins. Tie some natural string around the base to finish it off. So cute!
2. Create miniature flags with Easter themed washi tape, then add them to your sweet treats for a little bit of fun. This is a quick and easy option for when you don’t have much time on your hands. Just cut a strip of washi tape to double the length of your flag, fold the tape in half around the top of your toothpick, and cut a “V” at the end. Done! And looking fabulous!
With just under 2 weeks ’til Easter, we hope your Easter projects are coming along nicely!
PS. Tea Time fabric tape and Botanic Garden washi tape were used for the examples above.
As a kid, dress-ups are the BEST! By simply donning a few marvellous pieces you are instantly transformed into another world. Easter is no exception and we are so smitten with this gorgeous Easter bunny costume created by Lisa Tilse.
Just imagine your little one bouncing through the garden in this cute dress-up – so adorable!
Click here for Lisa’s step-by-step instructions to make this at home. Your little ones will be so excited come Easter morning!
We thought we’d share 5 quick and easy decorating ideas with some of our cute Easter themed washi tapes. Being removable and tearable, washi tape can be very versatile indeed!
1. Tear a small piece and add to stitched home-made treat bags for a simple approach. Plus you can also use the washi tape to seal your bags for extra cuteness.
2. For something a little different, create a rabbit silhouette using strips of washi tape.
3. Dress up your glasses with this cute Carrot design for your Easter celebrations.
4. If planning a seated table with beautiful linens, add some washi tape to your napkins and placemats for a bit of Easter themed decor.
5. Wrap your Easter gifts with natural kraft paper and add strips of washi tape and twine to make them pretty! You can also make mini washi tape bunting to match.
We hope this gives you a few ideas for decorating this Easter!
Featured washi tapes: Chubby Rabbit, Beth, Carrot, Botanic Garden, Farm
With Easter just over the horizon, it is time to get Easter bonnet making! And if you want to make something that the kids can re-use after Easter, Magdalena Franco’s No-Sew Mad Hatter Easter Bonnet is just what you need!
Inspired by the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland, we think it is the perfect mix of quirk, colour and awesomeness that your kids will love. So after the Easter hat parade is done and dusted, transform your tea parties at home into magical, crazy Mad Hatter’s tea parties and dress up with your colourful Mad Hatter bonnets!
Click here for the step-by-step instructions and get crafting with the kids this weekend – just in time for the parade!