I always loved activity books as a kid so I created this cute Activity Set project for Better Homes and Gardens to entertain the kids on Christmas Day!
The project uses fabric and trims from our Christmas Sewing Sets and I made a mini activity book that you can print at home.
The activities include drawing and word games around the Christmas theme, plus some colouring and tic-tac-ho!
This makes a special treat for Christmas day. I hope you give this project a go!
You can click here to download the free project sheet and printable activity book from the BHG Shop website.
Wondering what to do with your ever-growing collection of washi tapes? Here’s a cute project I created for Better Homes and Gardens to show how quick and easy it is to use washi tape to make something wonderful!
Using a great mix of Christmas themed washi tapes, these DIY cards are simple enough for the kids to join in (which means novice crafters can do it too!).
You’ll find the project on the BHG Shop website. Click here to download the free project sheet and printable template. Have fun making!
PS. The washi tape designs featured in this project are: Aileen, Amuze, Dot Silver, Love Gold, Martha, Scarlet, Starry Gold and Winter Green.
As we enter the last month of Winter, our fingers and hands are well and truly in need of some crafting activities to keep them warm and cozy. So here are six Winter inspired crafts to get you in the mood.
1. Make some cute Winter sweaters to dress up your gifts.
2. Decorated jars of freshly baked treats are always a favourite.
3. Brighten up your days with colourful snowflakes to hang in your window.
4. Create adorable little fabric birds to remind you that Spring will soon be here!
5. Warm yourself from the inside and stitch up some fabric coasters for your mugs of hot tea.
6. Design your own miniature Winter village, starting with some quick and easy self-standing trees.
So what will you create? Thaw out those fingers and get them working!
Happy Friday! Today we thought we’d share a quick and easy DIY project for the weekend, this gorgeous fabric chandelier!
Here’s how it’s done: Gather your favourite fabrics and cut (or tear) them into long strips. Start tying them around a mini hoop at different lengths, and mixing up the patterns, until you make it all the way around. Attach some fishing line or twine to hang the chandelier and you’re done!
We think these fabric chandeliers would make fabulous party decor or a lovely addition to your little one’s bedroom. They have a wonderful whimsical feel to them.
This example uses the divine Leaves fabric but we think it would look just as amazing with any of our pretty quarter fabric packs. Happy making!
You know how much we love our gift wrapping (and if you don’t, well we like it A LOT!), so to see a beautiful gift wrapping idea using our very own Dailylike washi tape, well that just sends us over the moon!
Last month the ever-lovely Sam Dunne of Dunne With Style shared this super easy, yet super awesome, watercolour wrapping paper idea, with cute little bunting made with Dandelion washi tape.
Wouldn’t it just make your day if you received a fabulously wrapped gift like this?
We love Sam’s gorgeous style and her unique approach to all things creative. If you ever need some honest, down-to-earth inspiration and advice, with a few delicious home recipes in between, then make sure you pop over to Sam’s Dunne With Style blog and benefit from the wisdom of this very lovely lady. She can help you with making no zip cushion covers, inspire you with positivity through her Monday Musing posts, plus Sam has a tasty thermomix adaptation of Jamie Oliver’s Tomato Ketchup recipe! Need we say more?
With Easter weekend only 2 sleeps away it’s time to finish off your last minute crafty preparations in time for the Easter Bunny’s arrival! If you are still looking for that quick, easy, maximum cuteness addition to your Easter gifts then give these gorgeous Cotton Tail Bunnies a go.
Created by Sam Dunne of Dunne with Style, they are the perfect bunny feature complete with little fluffy tail! You can click here for the full project and bunny template.
This morning we woke up to the loveliest of surprises! An adorable Easter Gift Tags tutorial using our fabric buttons, bias tape, stickers and fabric tape, dreamt up by the amazing Sam Dunne of Dunne with Style! We were most excited indeed! Here’s a little preview…
Pretty darn cute, wouldn’t you agree? Click here for the full tutorial on the Dunne with Style blog.
A big thank you to Sam for including our products in her tutorial, we are ever so grateful! xx
It doesn’t have to be all about the chocolate eggs this Easter. There are plenty of other yummy sweets that you can dress up with an Easter twist! Here are two quick ideas…
1. Decorate some bunny rabbit cut-outs with fabric tape, attach to toothpicks and pop them on top of home-made cupcakes or muffins. Tie some natural string around the base to finish it off. So cute!
2. Create miniature flags with Easter themed washi tape, then add them to your sweet treats for a little bit of fun. This is a quick and easy option for when you don’t have much time on your hands. Just cut a strip of washi tape to double the length of your flag, fold the tape in half around the top of your toothpick, and cut a “V” at the end. Done! And looking fabulous!
With just under 2 weeks ’til Easter, we hope your Easter projects are coming along nicely!
PS. Tea Time fabric tape and Botanic Garden washi tape were used for the examples above.
As a kid, dress-ups are the BEST! By simply donning a few marvellous pieces you are instantly transformed into another world. Easter is no exception and we are so smitten with this gorgeous Easter bunny costume created by Lisa Tilse.
Just imagine your little one bouncing through the garden in this cute dress-up – so adorable!
Click here for Lisa’s step-by-step instructions to make this at home. Your little ones will be so excited come Easter morning!
We thought we’d share 5 quick and easy decorating ideas with some of our cute Easter themed washi tapes. Being removable and tearable, washi tape can be very versatile indeed!
1. Tear a small piece and add to stitched home-made treat bags for a simple approach. Plus you can also use the washi tape to seal your bags for extra cuteness.
2. For something a little different, create a rabbit silhouette using strips of washi tape.
3. Dress up your glasses with this cute Carrot design for your Easter celebrations.
4. If planning a seated table with beautiful linens, add some washi tape to your napkins and placemats for a bit of Easter themed decor.
5. Wrap your Easter gifts with natural kraft paper and add strips of washi tape and twine to make them pretty! You can also make mini washi tape bunting to match.
We hope this gives you a few ideas for decorating this Easter!
Featured washi tapes: Chubby Rabbit, Beth, Carrot, Botanic Garden, Farm